Word jij onze nieuwe Customer Experience Designer?
Experience Designers drive UX strategy and interaction design to create products that engage and inspire. They have a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction, and are fluent in the latest technology trends. They are innovative problem solvers, self-starters, and strong collaborators who excel in a fast paced environment.
Moreover you will:
- Design user experiences exploring different approaches to solving specific user problems. Your responsibility is to ensure that the experience is refined and creates the “ideal” user experience driving the desired outcomes.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create intuitive service offerings that address user and business needs. In this role, you will participate in the entire iterative design process from discovery to launch.
- Perform user research including surveys, interviews, usability testing, and gathering/reporting findings to tease out which customer journeys option best satisfies the customers' needs.
- Perform competitive analysis to understand market leading experiences. Design studies and conduct research that address both user behavior and attitudes using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods.
Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, IoT, VR and AR.
- 2+ years of professional User Experience.
- Working experience with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision.
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Great communication skills and presentation skills.
- Great people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- A ready, online portfolio is preferred.
- Independent position in a financially healthy, fast growing and leading company with career opportunities towards the future.
- Indefinite duration contract with an attractive salary package, adapted to your experience and potential.